Today, I am launching a new blog.  It reflects my recent change in career focus.

For the last 15+ years, I have been, for most part, a full-time software engineering manager.  My focus has been on logistics, people management, prioritization, and meetings, meetings, meetings.

In the course of working at Sun Microsystems, ICW, Optum, and Fortive, I have not had time to be a full-time software engineer.

15 years is a long time in Silicon Valley.  When I decided to leave my management role at Fortive and return to a software engineering role, I realized that my knowledge had grown rusty.

Technology stacks will change.  Design and algorithms evolve with the rise in computing power, changing real-world problems, and ever-changing conventions.  This blog will focus on design patterns and algorithms.

It will focus on content available on the web that I have found interesting in my professional work.

I thought this would be valuable to others who are starting in software, dinosaurs like me who return from management, or folks who, for whatever reason, take time off and wish to return to professional software development.  They will see a survey of topics that they will hopefully find interesting and help them in their software journey.

Cheers.

Comments